Why should you take digestives enzymes?
Basically, natural and unmodified foods always contain enzymes that will help you digest better. Digestive enzymes help to give back to the food you eat; the enzymes that should have been there in the first place. They act as a catalyst (facilitator) to activate the process of disintegration of large molecules into smaller molecules so they can be better assimilated by your body. Nowadays, much of the food we eat has been transformed so much that it contains little or no digestive enzymes at all.
There are several kinds of digestive enzymes, but basically, these serve to facilitate and improve the process of digestion and absorption of the following four groups of macronutrients:
- Carbohydrates (Amylase, Bromelain & Papain) Amylases help convert carbs into simple, more digestible carbohydrates. In addition to being produced by certain plants, amylase is also produced by the salivary glands and pancreatic glands, and is found in saliva and pancreatic juice. “Glucose is the primary source of energy for the body.
- Fat (Lipase) Thanks to lipases, fats are broken down into free fatty acids and glycerol. Vitamins A, D & E are fat-soluble, this means that they need fat to be absorbed by the body.
- Proteins (Protease): Proteases are used to transform proteins into amino acids. Amino acids are the form that can be absorbed by the human body. ” Amino acids are like pearls and proteins represent the pearl necklace.
- Fibers: Cellulase is an enzyme that can break down cellulose. The latter is not digested by humans, but it brings the feeling of satiety, it promotes intestinal transit and has a laxative effect. It is used to transport toxins outside your body. Phytases are enzymes that help to increase absorbtion of certain minerals found in plants, seeds, brown rice, cereals, nuts, … Some grains and plants contain phytic acid. The latter blocks and prevents the availability and absorption of certain micronutrients during digestion. Phytases will counter this effect. Germination also helps to eliminate this phytic acid.
Personally, I use and I love how Essentialzymes-4 makes me feel.
Dual-time release (2 different capsules) allows plant and animal enzymes to be used at different times and in different places in the digestive tract. Because of the dual-time release, you can benefit from a better efficiency of the digestive enzymes.
Yellow Capsule (vegetable base): It is formulated to be dissolved and released within the first 20 minutes. It works very well in the stomach, where the pH is more acidic.
White capsule (animal base): Works better in the more alkaline environment of the intestine. This capsule has a delayed release and breaks up 2 hours after consumption.
- Helps with DIGESTION and easier ABSORPTION of nutrients.
- Provides the necessary digestive enzymes in foods that have been processed or cooked.
- Excellent to bring relief after a big meal.
- Helps with BLOATING.
- Helps with the permeability of the colon and thus improve the absorption of nutrients.
- YL essential oils are added to help with the BIO-AVAILABILITY of enzymes. It makes them more efficient.
If I know I am going to have a big and heavy meal, I will take 2 capsules (1 dose) of essentialzymes-4 before the meal (in prevention) and I will also take some right after.
If I feel tired, bloated and heavy after a meal, I will reach for essentialzymes-4.
If you often have digestion difficulties, you can take essentialzymes-4 on a regular basis. There is no danger of addiction and this can not in any way create a habit or decrease in performance of your normal enzyme production. As I explained earlier, these digestive enzymes simply serve to replace that which has been destroyed in the food you eat.
If you digest better, you feel better.
I did a little test for you and I actually had a great time doing it. I’m going to show you how digestive enzymes can really help ease digestion and help you gain energy.
J’ai fait cuire de l’avoine (gruau) coupée à la lame d’acier ”steel-cut”.
I cooked ”Steel-cut” oats. It is the least transformed kind of oats.. It is a whole grain that contains proteins, fiber, vitamins and minerals. In addition, it has a good taste that reminds me of hazelnut.
Oats do not contain gluten – oats do not contain gliadin.
Gliadin is the protein that is responsible for celiac disease. Oats contain avenin. This molecule is very similar to the gliadin protein, but it does not create the same immune reactions as gliadin does. However, oats are often processed in places that also process gluten and can be contaminated. To be certain, you can still buy oats that indicate gluten-free.
how to cook Steel-cut oats
- 1 cup (200 g) of Steel-cut oats
- 2 1/4 cups (565 ml) of boiling water
- Cook uncovered a med-low heat for approx. 60-75 minutes.
- You can add fruits, nuts and perhaps a touch of maple syrup…Yummy!
Once the oats is cooked and ready to eat,
I separated it in 2 different portion
and place it in a little glass jar.
Then I opened the 2 capsules of Essentialzymes-4
and I poured them into the glass jar on the right.
The one on the left has remained intact and without the addition of digestive enzymes.
I mix the 2 capsules in the oatmeal on the right.
First observation: I noticed that oatmeal was getting more liquid.
The digestive enzymes had the effect of bringing out
the water that was trapped in cooked oats.
On this picture, you can see what the oatmeal looks like after.
There is more fluid and the oats have begun to disintegrate.
I find it very interesting as an experience. It’s as if the oats were digesting by itself.
After 2 hours, the oatmeal has almost completely liquefied, making digestion much easier.
Digestive enzymes did their job well. They have already begun the process of digestion.
This way, the body can use more easily the macro and micro nutrients from that meal.
Personally, it convinced me, I love this product!
NB: I don’t use Essentialzymes-4 every day or every meal. It’s a supplement that I use as needed.
If I know that I am going to eat a heavy/fatty meal, which will be more difficult to digest (as during the holiday season), then I will prevent the blow and take 2 capsules before the meal and 2 others after.
When I eat a more difficult to digest meal (like pasta with cream sauce, cheese, etc …), then I will take 2 capsules before the meal in prevention to support my digestive system.
When I feel bloated, lack energy after a meal or have gas, I will take 2 capsules to relieve symptoms and help with digestion.
If you would like to try it, click on the following link or contact me.
I hope that you find this interesting. Do not hesitate to contact me or leave me a comment. I take time to read and answer each of you.
Have a great day
Isabelle – Votre Amie Essentielle