I was about to publish my blog and recipe and then I lost everything. For some reason my post was not saved and now I have to do it all over again. Grrrr! 3 hours of work that vanished just like that. Snif!
Sometimes S… happens and today it did.
I guess there is a lesson to be learn here. There are many ways for me to feel, to react and to deal with this situation. At first, I felt very frustrated. As many of you, my time is really limited and I don’t really have lots of spare time to write article twice, if you know what I mean. I already have to translate them, so I think that writting them once should be the norm. I am also very upset at myself. I can’t understand how I was so careless that I didn’t even save my work! Then stress and anxiety kicks in. Will I have enough time to do it again this afternoon? It’s been a while since my last post, I have to post something soon and tomorrow I don’t have time, bla bla bla. My mind is racing and that little hamster voice is starting to get me really anxious. I didn’t feel good and I had to choose between living with those bad feelings and emotions for a while longer or decide to let it go and just do it again.
My decision is to let it go and start again. Perhaps, the new version will be better. Anyway, practice makes perfect, so lets do it.
Aroma Freedom Technique
First, I decided to try something new to me. It’s call aroma freedom technique (AFT) and I saw great results when it was done on someone else, so it’s time to try it on myself now. I will talk more about AFT in a future post, but if you are curious to know more about it, check the video below.
But now, let me give you a quick idea of what this technique is. You basically breath in some essential oils in order to release your body from unwanted and unneccessary emotions or blocages that no longer serve you. There are a couple of step, but for today, I will only do one. First, lets set an intention. I want to get rid of that Stress, Anxiety, Anger and Sadness that is filling my body and mind right now, so I can write a post that you will enjoy reading. In order to do that, I found a quiet place to sit down. I focused on the toughts and feelings I was having at this moment. The emotions were felt at the throat chackra. I have a knot in my throat and in my chest and the thoughts were racing in my brain, not so good thoughts.
Once I determined those thoughts and feelings, I made a positive affirmation on how I wanted to feel. Then I took 1 drop of Frankincense, 1 drop of Lavender and 1 drop of Stress away in my hands. I rubbed my hands together, I cupped them to my face, closed my eyes and breathed those oils into my feelings, into my body and let them do their work. After 5 minutes, I am back and ready to work on my post and those negative feelings have diminish and no longer feel like a burden.
OK, back at work now, lets do this again… 🙂
Juicing is a great way to give your body nourrishment in a fast way. When you juice, you basically remove the fibers from your drink, so the digestion process is much faster and the nutrients are assimilated quicker. Today I will share with you an easy green juice recipe that will allow you to add 2, 3 even 4 portions of vegetables to your diet.
A lot of people often ask me, what is the best juicer that I can buy?
The answer is pretty simple. The best juicer is the one that you have at home. Just make sure to keep it handy, so that you can access it easily and use it often.
Personnaly, I use the Omega 8005. I love it because it is easy to use, the mechanism is less oxidizing (masticating extraction) and most of all, this is my favorite because it’s extremely easy to clean. There are no heat created and it is perfect to make wheatgrass of leafy green juice. You can also make nut butter, but I haven’t tried it yet.
Incredible Green Juice Recipe:
- 3-4 Kale leaves
- 3-4 Red kale or Betta-Chard leaves
- 1 1/2 Cucumber
- 1 inch of Ginger
- 2 Celery stalks
- 1 handfull of Coriander
- 1 organic Lemon with peel
- 1 green Apple or 1 pear
Juice everything together. You can add some ice if you like it chilled.
Feel free to modify the herbs to give it a different taste. Today I am using coriander, but you could also use mint, basil or dill.
When you make your juice, the ingredients will start to oxidize as soon as it gets in contact with oxygen.
Is it a big deal? I don’t think so. I think it’s better to drink a 1 or 2 days old juice then not to drink any. That being said, there are a few ways that you can help minimized the oxidation of your juice.
When you add some lemon or limes to your juices, it serve as a natural preservative and will help prevent oxidation.
Another way that I find works well, is by filling your mason jar or other container all the way to the top. It doesn’t allow much place for air/oxygen from hanging around. Make sure that you store your juice in the refrigerator as soon as possible. If you want, you can also freeze it in an icecube tray for later use.
Chew – Chew – Chew and Chew some more
Don’t forget to chew your food, it’s the first part of the digestion process.
A digestive enzyme called amylase, which is found in saliva, starts to break down some of the carbohydrates (starches and sugars) in the food even before it leaves the mouth. As you chew, the saliva begins to mix with the food. Saliva not only helps make the food softer and easier to swallow, but it also helps break down the chemicals in the food, it’s a form of chemical digestion.
Make sure you always chew you food, even when it’s liquid. It will increase your digestion ability and will prevent you from getting bloated.
Interesting nutrition facts
- Green juice is high in chlorophyll, that’s what makes it’s green color. It’s considered a superfood because of its strong antioxidant and anticancer effects. It can also help detoxify the body and is a great way to support a healthy immune system. It also have a major effect at balancing the acid-alkaline ratio in the body.
- Kale is on the top list of the world healthiest food. Kale is rich in sulforaphane which promote reduction of inflammation, enhanced antioxidant protection and powerful amplification of our ability to detoxify potential damaging chemicals. kale is a good source of Vit A, C and K. Per calorie, Kale has more iron than Beef. It doesn’t contain much fat, but the one that is mostly present is Omega 3. It helps as an anti-inflammatory. It’s also an interesting source of calcium. Kale contains more calcium per calorie than milk.
- Betta carde: Vit A, C, K. Can help improve the blood sugar level.
- Cucumbers are made up of 95 percent water, making them an ideal hydrating and cooling food. They contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in your brain health. There is also a compound called sterols that helps reduce bad cholesterol.
- Ginger can help with digestive issues, it is known at relieving nausea, boost immunity and is a strong anti-inflammatory. Ginger can also be use to help reduce pain from excercice and menstrual pain. I highly suggest that you juice ginger root and create powerful healthy shot. Check below for my Dragon Fire Shots video. Sorry it’s in french!
- Celery bring a salty taste to your green juice. It contains minerals that help maintian an healthy blood pH. Amazing for the management of the stress hormone in your body. It can also work at lowering your blood pressure.
- Coriander is one of my favorite Herb. It is a natural chelator. It means that coriander molecules can bind to toxic heavy metals and bring them out of your body. It’s an excellent idea to integrate coriander to your diet, especially if you like to eat those bigger fish like tuna. It works in favor of a good digestion and can help reduce gas.
- Lemon will serve as a natural preservative. It’s a good source of Vit C, especially with the peel. Vit C is so important for a good immune system, and is necessary for the synthesis of collagen. If you want a beautiful and glowing skin, lemon is your best friend.
- An Apple a day keeps the Doctor Away.
Food is medicine, so don’t just eat it, drink it too.
Have a beautiful healthy week and don’t sweat the small stuff…because it’s all small stuff!
Isabelle Votre Amie Essentielle